Power outages are sources of despair and frustration to workers and gamers all over the globe as they can strike precisely when you are working on an important project or partaking in an important game. To prevent the loss of data or at least warn your teammates your power is going down there are some very useful Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) that will sustain your devices for some time.
Here’s a List of the Best UPSs you can find right now in 2018:
1. APC Back-UPS 600VA BE600M1
A UPS designed towards lesser power demands; the APC BE600M1 is perfect is during power outages you want to keep your mobile devices charges or your PC, internet modem or gaming console connected for a few minutes. At a power consumption of 100 wats its battery last about 23 minutes, enough time to properly save your work or even finish your gameplay session.
It has 7 plugs, 5 of which are battery backup plugs and 2 that only are protective against power surges. Also, it comes with a USB port for your mobile devices.
The batteries have a lifetime of 3 to 5 years and cost almost the same as the UPS, going for 50$ a piece.
The BE600M1 is a relatively good UPS for low power-demanding devices or casual home usage, but for more than that, you should consider other more powerful products. It retails for about 75$.
2. CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD 1500VA/900W
If you are looking for a more powerful UPS to cover your devices for more time or to cover more powerful ones, this CyberPower UPS is the one you want to consider. It comes with 12 outlets, 6 with battery-backup and surge protection and 6 with just surge protection; a LCD panel that displays important information on the state of the battery, the load, and more..; and equipped with Automatic Voltage Regulation(AVR) technology which corrects power fluctuations in the current, perfect for areas where those fluctuations are frequent.
This product is covered by CyberPower’s 3 year warranty including the batteries, and up to 500,000$ in damage of the connect equipment.
CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD is a bit more expensive than APC BE600M1, but it has considerable improvements over it, that justify the 150$ price tag.
3. Tripp Lite 1500VA
Although Cyberpower’s UPS shown above is suitable for professional uses, this Tripp Lite is the best for Professional uses. Why? – Might you ask – Because not only is capable of doing all the aforementioned UPS can, like AVR, LCD screen, Energy efficiency, 8 outlets with battery backup and surge protection, but also as a design that works marvelously in an office environment, being able to be mounted on a server rack.
The battery last 4 minutes at a full load and 12 at half-a-load and its warranty covers 3 years and damage of the connect objects up to 250,00$.
Likewise, it is perfect for business who need UPS coverage for their systems, but also requires a device that fits well with the setup.
Tripp Lite 1500VA comes at a retail cost of 200$, which might seem too much just for personal use, but is a good deal for businesses.
UPS Buyer’s Guide 2018:
1. Do I need a UPS?
- A UPS is undoubtedly justified in areas prone to frequent power outages and/or to power fluctuations, as not only you have the risk of losing relevant data in the process, but your equipment can also be damaged by those. In areas where this doesn’t happen then a UPS isn’t strictly necessary and may serve as a failsafe only.
2. What should I take in consideration when looking for a UPS?
- There are sometimes you should have in mind when shopping for a UPS like if the design fits your needs, or the warranty lasts long enough to protect you from damage, etc.. However, the main feature you should look after is the Battery. Things like the load it can support, how many time can support it and how long it will last are important factors you should consider before buying a UPS, so you don’t buy the wrong product for your personal or professional needs.