Whether you like it or not, the age of computers demands that we purchase accessories to ensure we can stay up to date with the changing times. Being able to connect a vast array of differing technological formats is just one of the issues we have to deal with.
When it comes to connecting separate formats, you have to buy equipment for the job. One of these common formats that you have to connect are USB to HDMI. For whatever purposes you have for needing to connect these two formats, you’d prefer to have the highest quality hardware for the job.
What Does Connecting USB to HDMI Mean?
For the most part, it means connecting your computer to various technology to transmit information between the two. Connecting USB to HDMI devices to each other ends up connecting the audio and visual information between the two devices. For instance, if you’re playing a video on your laptop and want to transmit it to a projector, monitor, or television, you’d use a USB to HDMI adapter to do it.
How We Choose Our USB to HDMI Hardware
When it comes down to it, any good USB to HDMI hardware needs to live up to a few things.
Every product has a standard to live up to, and those that represent the highest of those standards are going to be found on this list.
Top 8 USB to HDMI Adapters
Always make sure to read the reviews and compare every option to their competition.
- Connect multiple monitors with resolutions as high as 2560x1440 to Windows-based laptops or desktops (one adapter...
- Supports HDMI displays up to 2560x1440@50Hz and 1920x1080@60Hz.1080P and lower modes will refresh at 60Hz.
- Connects to Windows PCs via USB 3.0. USB bus powered (no additional power adapter required). Adapter is backwards...
There’s no better place to start than with a Plugable product. Designed to connect multiple monitors together, this USB to HDMI adapter is compatible with any Windows operating system from 7 and up. While not recommended for gaming, it’s a good choice to project slideshows or movies on a larger screen.
Capable of supporting most high resolution televisions, this 10-inch adapter may just be the quality product you’re looking for. Customer reviews by and large agree that this product works excellently, both in terms of quality performance and longevity.
- SMOOTH EXPERIENCE WITH MINIMAL PERFORMANCE OVERHEAD: Built-in industrial leading USB docking chipset supports the...
- SUPER SPEED & HIGH RESOLUTION: USB 3.0 adapter leverages SuperSpeed bandwidth up to 5 Gbps for the best performance;...
- EASY INSTALLATION & USER FRIENDLY DESIGN: User's guide and driver CD are included or available for download at gofanco...
The key to a good USB to HDMI adapter is the speed. There should be little to no lag between the devices, any decent product should accomplish at least that. Gofanco doesn’t fail to provide the quality service that should be expected.
Compatible with any modern operating system, this USB to HDMI adapter provides the highest resolution at the highest speed. A ten-inch cable provides just the right amount of length to easily connect any two devices. Plus, if you find you need it, it comes with a DVI adapter attachment as well.
Supporting HDMI displays up to 2560x1440 and 1920x1080, if you’re looking for something reliable then you’ve found it. The reviews laude it for its easy installation, quality performance, and great customer service.
- ULTRA HD MULTI-TASKING: Enable 4K video output from your computer system to a HDMI-enable monitor. The Nekteck USB A 3.0...
- BACKWARD COMPATIBLE: While the USB 3.0 to HDMI Adapter is designed for USB 3.0, it's backward compatible with USB 2.0....
- DISPLAYLINK 4K PLUG AND DISPLAY CERTIFIED: It is built with DisplayLink's latest high performance DL-5500 chipset. It...
Let’s have a little bit of something different. The Nekteck USB to HDMI adapter does one thing that most other products on this list don’t. And what’s that, you ask?
4K definition. Even if your monitor doesn’t natively support that, this adapter is designed to provide that output regardless. It takes a few moments to settle and install, but once it’s ready then you’ll be seeing a better than normal audio and visual sight on-screen.
Not only does it support and provide this increase in resolution quality, it’s compatible with most modern operating systems. Whether you’re using Mac or Windows, this product will pull its its best workload for you.
The device is a plug-and-play design, downloading the necessary drivers as soon as it’s in your computer. While the cable, only six inches, is a little bit shorter than its competition, that’s hardly a hard consequence.
This is one of the more reliable and productive adapters you will be able to find. The most common review is in heavy support of its quality. However, it is a bit more expensive than some of its competition, and that’s due to its 4K capabilities. If you’re willing to spend a little bit more for a better product, then this may be the one for you.
- DisplayLink DL-3900 chipset, supports resolutions up to 2048x1152.
- External 2.1CH Microphone in and Earphone output make you use conveniently.
- Connect multiple additional monitors to your desktop, laptop, Android 5.X tables or Smartphones (one adapter required...
If you’re digging through the bin looking for a bargain deal, then the Wavlink might be what you’re looking for.
You might have noticed that USB to HDMI adapters can get somewhat pricey. While they are pricey, they make up for it with excellent performance and durability. They’re made to last a while. The Wavlink adapter is somewhat of a best of both worlds kind of product.
Supporting resolutions up to 2048x1152, it provides every mode that you might a need for: mirror, extended, distinct, etc. It even has jack ports to plug in a microphone or headset. It’s ability to transmit information at 5Gbps means there will be no latency between your computer and the larger monitor.
Perfect for streaming movies, presentations, or browsing the web, it’s compatible with most modern operating systems. It’s removes the hassle of setting up a complicated web of wires and cables, making everything just a bit easier for you.
The most common problem that the reviewers seem to have is that it can occasionally arrive with old drivers. Thankfully, that’s easily fixable with a quick visit to their website. In every other aspect, this product excels.
- Drivers Installed Automatically For Windows 10/8/7/XP, Read Included manual for guidnce, Not Compatible With Mac, Linux,
- Converts USB to HDMI Display Super Speed USB 3.0, With Audio,
- Supports Audio Function for HDMI Monitor and TV
The best adapters you can get are the ones that are easiest to install. Well, perhaps not best, but they’re super convenient and thoughtful. That always makes me like them better.
Brisk Links has provided a USB to HDMI adapter that downloads its necessary drivers automatically and immediately when you plug it in. You’ll be off and running with your new connection in no time. It supports resolutions up to 1920x1080, providing high quality video and audio.
Sporting Super Speed conversion, it ensures the transfer rate is at 5Gbps, creating a smooth, lag-free experience. No want wants bumps, slow-down, or latency when doing a presentation.
Unfortunately, it’s only compatible with Windows operating systems. That’s a bit of a disappointment, but at least it still delivers a quality service. Not only that, it comes with a complimentary six foot HDMI cable. Combining that with its super-competitive price, Brisk Links offers a pretty good deal.
The reviews find very little issues with this product overall. The adapter itself works extremely satisfyingly, even if the extra cable may or may not function at full capacity. The most important part is that the adapter provides an excellent experience.
- Premium HDMI to USB Adapter uses an available USB port on your computer to connect an HDTV, monitor, or projector with...
- USB to HDMI Converter Adapter leverages SuperSpeed USB 3.0 bandwidth up to 5 Gaps for the best performance; The USB 3 to...
- Portable HDMI to USB 3.0 Adapter travels easily in a laptop bag; Included HDMI to DVI adapter provides an additional USB...
The great thing about these USB to HDMI adapters is that they’re all so easily storable. You can stick them in your laptop bag, your backpack, or even your pocket and be ready for whatever comes your way. The Cable Matters brand doesn’t disappoint, in transport or performance.
Like the best products need to, this USB to HDMI adapter provides fantastic bandwidth at 5Gbps. It’s a latency-free experience that’s compatible with high resolution televisions up to 2560x1440. Whether it be video, audio, or both you’re looking for, this provides the smoothest experience.
It’s easily installed, coming with its own drivers to download onto your computer. It takes no time at all and you’ll be up and running in seconds after it comes out of the box. It also comes with a bonus DVI adapter, just in case you run into any devices that only use that.
Compatible with most modern operating systems, this product’s a crowd pleaser. The majority of reviewers have found that this product delivers satisfactory results. However, there do appear to be some users that found fault with the device’s longevity.
However, those issues come few and far between.
- THE STARTECH.COM ADVANTAGE: StarTech.com offers a 3-year warranty and free lifetime technical support on this HDMI...
- PERFECT PORTABILITY: This USB 3.0 to HDMI adapter features a slim, lightweight design and is ultra portable, making it...
- FOR USB WINDOWS COMPUTERS: If you’re running short on video ports, this USB to HDMI dongle has you covered,...
If you’re looking for a thinner version of a USB to HDMI adapter to use, Startech has you covered. Their slim design not only has a nice appeal to it, but it’ll take up much less space and make transport more convenient.
Compatible with any Windows operating system from XP to 10, this adapter can support up to 1920x1200 resolution on any screen. It provides any sort of display you may need, whether you’re giving a presentation or watching a movie.
The driver disk it comes shipped with contains everything you’ll need to get the device up and started. It’s a latency-free device, providing a transfer rate at 5Gbps so you won’t experience any interruptions or lag. It’s size makes it extremely easy to transport anywhere you need on a whim.
While most of the reviews stand behind this as a product, it does occasionally have some quality issues. However, its customer service is there and ready to assist.
- 【USB 3.0 to HDMI 】The USB 3.0 - HDMI adapter enables you to connect additional display devices (CRT /LCD monitor...
- 【High-Definition】Be able to project content from your computer onto a larger screen to view in High-Definition up to...
- 【Super Speed & Flawless Audio】Super transfer speed USB 3.0 bandwidth up to 5 Gbps for the best performance; like an...
It’s always good to be wary of prices, especially when it comes to devices like these adapters. They’re usually fairly high for a reason, so the lower the price is the more skeptical you might want to feel. However, after analyzing the Raycue USB to HDMI adapter, it seems to be a genuine, reliable product.
Compatible only with Windows operating systems 7 and up, it supports resolutions up to 1920x1080. It may not be the highest resolution, but it’s still more than exceptional quality, especially in comparison to a computer screen.
With a transfer rate of 5Gbps, it provides a smooth, latency-free service between your two devices. The necessary drivers to install come with the device, but you’ll need to start the download manually from your computer.
It’s a lightweight, versatile device perfect for slideshows, streaming, or simple web browsing. With a 5.5-inch cable, it may feel a little short, but should still perform excellently.
Though it does seem to have some quality issues, especially with glitches, the majority of customers who have purchased this adapter have found it to fit their needs exactly. Considering the price it comes for, it’s still worth it.
A lot of the challenge with picking between different USB to HDMI adapters is that they’re all pretty similar. Similar design, function, and features make finding the best one a hard choice.
Hopefully, this list has provided some clarification and helped guide your decision.
Though ensuring the durability, quality, and features are important aspects to consider when making a decision, the best resource are the reviews.
Hands-on experience with the product will tell you all you need to know about it, including its positives and shortcomings.